• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Intel P4 mobo with raid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Three that I like are the Abit BD7II, Asus P4B-533E and Gigabyte GA-8IEXP.

The Abit uses a Highpoint controller that allows you to adjust the stripe size. The Asus and Gigabyte use Promise controllers that lock in the stripe size if you are looking for that last bit of drive speed. But the Asus is widely considered to be the most friendly to overclocking, and the Gigabyte has the best feature set and reliability.

Just pick the one with the strengths you want most.

BHD

DDR or RDRAM - Recommendation

For DDR try the P4B533-E (with Raid and some other nice features).
For RDRAM try the P4T533(-R).

Both are in my opinion and experience the best choice!

I'm gonna change my mobo soon, too.

ABIT IT7-MAX does great for OC'ing with DDR. Locked AGP/PCI and also the 3:4 divider for memory. Great board just remeber that it only has USB on it. No PS/2, Parallel, Serial ports just 10 USB ports. And at $135 at newegg it can't be beat with up to 8 drives in raid.

I agree with Deathman and Loyalty, the abit IT7 is a slick board. The lack of ps2 sockets means you need to get new k/b and mouse (perfect reason to update).

steve

Recommended the P4B533-E earlier on because I felt that its stability is excellent. Have 2 systems for video capturing and editing using this motherboard and an Intel 2.40B. :)

therecka said:
EPOX 4G4A+ !!!!

absolutely. It is based on the i845G chipset which is a MUST HAVE!

easily upgradable. no need to buy a new mobo for quite some time. It offers 533mhz fsb and 333mhz memory clock.

it comes with IDE RAID 0,1 & 0+1. UDMA133 controller. lotsa integrated goodies.

very OC friendly, and it beats the gigabyte mobo in every rating I have seen.

of course, I'm biased... I have one running MY p4 2.4 :D

I looked up the P4B533-V. The problem is, I can't tell if my P4 is 845G or not. I'm staring at my Enterprise System Information and it says my cpu alias is a P68, Williamette, A80528. The Phsyical info says that it is a 478 Pin uPGA. Any ideas gents on if this cpu will fit that mobo? I'm new to oc'ing. Any tips would be good.

Oh yeah, the P4B533-V looks kickass. I hope I can use it.

Doc_Skurlock said:
I looked up the P4B533-V. The problem is, I can't tell if my P4 is 845G or not. I'm staring at my Enterprise System Information and it says my cpu alias is a P68, Williamette, A80528. The Phsyical info says that it is a 478 Pin uPGA. Any ideas gents on if this cpu will fit that mobo? I'm new to oc'ing. Any tips would be good.

Oh yeah, the P4B533-V looks kickass. I hope I can use it.

The 845g is a reference to the chipset that is used on the motherboard itself and not a 'feature' of your CPU. Your CPU is a 478pin Williamette. You shouldn't have any problems installing this chip into the P4B533-V. However, these chips aren't as good at OCing when compared to their newer Northwood siblings.

Back