• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th72-raid sound driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cybercla

Registered
Im running my 2.0a at 2.4 but the sound would not work. Do I need to reinstall the drivers for the sound card?

Also how do I change the settings for the Ram? Right now its running at 480 (120 x 4).

If I raise the FSB over 125 the system doesnt POST, at 124 I get the blue screen when loading winxp. Is it because I also need to raise the voltage (as of now is 1.7v)

Thanks

Raising the voltage over 1.7 is NOT advisable for a Northwood. It indeed sounds like your chip isn't getting enough juice (although it might also be a RAM problem), however, raising the voltage more will be torturing your chip, and probably kill it over time. If your system doesn't boot at 124, it is probably stable only at 120 and below. Be sure to run superpi or prime95 for some time to check stability.

About the sound: check whether you have sound enabled in BIOS, under integrated peripherals. Furthermore, de-installing (if already installed), and then re-installing the drivers might be a good idea. It might also be that the integrated sound chip just doesn't like the high FSB. If that is the case you could get a (cheap) soundcard. If you keep the AGP/PCI locked, the soundcard isn't influenced by a high FSB.

I have a 2.0 running at 2400 that's the most I can get out of it at 1.725v. My 1.8 went to 2550 @ 1.7, there is no guarantee how much you can get.

From my experience, and what I have read here, the lower speed processors of each series tend to o/c better, the 1.6& 1.8 O/c better than the 2.0 and the 2.4 do.

steve

Back