• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ST6 - to raid or not to raid ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grubazaba

on certain recommendations... i'm out there looking for an st6 for my first overclock of a coppermine chip.

st6 - sounds good. but prices vary so much - probably due to its rarity these days.

non raid are esp. cheaper - is the raid board much better?? what is raid exactly?
writes to two disks simultaneously ? (ie backup).

and are there many revisions of this board... don't want to get a dudd versionl.

while we're at it any advice in general would be helpful! is there a better starter board?

thanks!!

thanks hawk!! cleared that up....

st6 is 0,1,0+1 - 1 sounds ok for me

now can anyone help me find the st6-raid for under £90 in the UK [that's about $135!!]
...or there's the TUSL2-c about £20 cheaper! - ?

i believe it's st6 NON-raid version doesn't support tualatin chips - is that right?

I have a ST-6 non raid board running a 1.1 gig Tualatin @ 133 fsb just fine. Go to www.Newegg.com and see if they still have the ST-6 there. I got mine for $67 US there only about 2 months ago.

Unfortunately no longer there!!

how did you get your tualin to work?

You put it in. :) All ST6 board, whether it be ST6E, ST6-RAID, or plain old ST6, have the new revision 815, and are thus Tualatin compatible.

thanks for that racoon... only found one place: microbuyer.co.uk with the st6-raid under £100 - many people show ir as stock but can't get it!! tried all yours!

got TUSL2-C/A.... but might also get the st6r from microbuyer to do some overclocking comparisons ;)

Back