• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcbytes

Registered
Has anyone seen any reviews of this motherboard? ComputerHQ has them in stock for $199.00... yeeow! I'd like to see reviews saying if it's worth it or not.

I'm also anxious to find out, but haven't seen any.

Mostly, I'm curious how stable OC'ing an AGP 8X board is ... I'm guessing the answer is "not very."

Finally

Fry's got ten in today and I picked one up. Got a Samsung 2700 to go with it and will pick up my 2.26 533 tomorrow "it's all I can afford for a CPU". Only wish it had serial ATA, O well not a bad MOBO for the latest and greatest. Will keep ya informed in a couple of days to what is up.

Well got it going and will have to say that the BIOS is wicked. Have to find out what have the stuff is, either they changed the name of everything in the BIOS or DDR400 gives you a 1000 more options in the BIOS than the SOYO P4S-DRAGON.
Anyway DNLD'd Unreal 2003 and played it with this system, 2.24 533, samsung ddr 2700 512megs. I have a chaintec geforce3 TI200128megs and it played smooth, would love to see it go with an ATI9700 with full AGP8x going.
Will tweakit tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well got it going and will have to say that the BIOS is wicked. Have to find out what have the stuff is, either they changed the name of everything in the BIOS or DDR400 gives you a 1000 more options in the BIOS than the SOYO P4S-DRAGON.

Does the BIOS have a feature where you can lock the AGP/PCI when overclocking? How high can the CPU and memory voltage be adjusted? Tell us more! Thanks!

I have a P4X400 board (Soltek sl-85erv). From the issues MaDDoG and I have shared, as well as reading about the issues that people with the VIA P4X400 board are having, I would have say the the P4X400 is still way too green to recommend.

Memory bandwith is still troubling, DDR 400 support is non-exsistant, you need to OC the FSB to get DDR 400.

VIA is supposed to still be working on the DDR400 support for the chipset. Crucial DDR400 is not terribly stable on these, and VIA only recomends Mushkin at the moment, although word is that they are 'qualifying' cirsair. These boards just feel like a oc'd P4X333, but VIA didn't was to issue another A chipset. I expect a P4X444 soon :)

Paul

I'm also interested in the Vcore and FSB settings...
the AGP/PCI lock is also appealing, does it have?

Anyone with this board do tell...!

Part of a Review for P4X400

Here's Part 1 of a Soyo P4X400 review in the making. Sounds interesting so far but not enough.

I think I'll shy away from this board at this time. Probably wait for the Intel 8X chipset before buying a mobo ...

I love Soyo's Athlon stuff, but this board doesn't give me the same warm-and-fuzzy. :)

http://active-hardware.com/english/reviews/mainboard/p4x400-dragon-ultra.htm

From the [H]ard OCP front page, don't bother reading, it's a f'n waste of bandwith.

They use an old copy of Sandra, and they get a remarkable 2406 in the integer memory score.

[H]'s Kyle keeps mumbling about a P4X400 review, although he leaked that the Soyo did "OK".

Well, I guess we will see.

Paul

(BTW, I think you have to really have to like anyone that Tom Pabst claims is one of the most "detestable" people on the Internet.)

[edit: good golly this one was awfull, I need to stop posting just before passing out from sleep deprivation or prior to caffeine infusion]

Last edited:
Back