• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4S533 vs Abit IT7 MAX vs ABIT BD7-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dieni

I have rmaed my ASUS P4S533 cause of agp problems, and I am undecided on which one to get from the below three:

ASUS P4S533
Abit IT7 MAX
ABIT BD7-II

I have a P4 1.8Ghz Northwood and a stick of 512Mb Samsung DDR 333Mhz memory.

Which is the best mobo for OC without loosing stability.

Can I buy a PS/2 to USB convertor to keep using my PS/2 keyboard on the IT7 Max?

I would go with the IT7 and I do not see why a converter would not work. Each of those motherboards are good, but considering all that the IT7 has, I find it to be the best choice.

The Sis is a solid chipset...but it's not the best for overclocking. Your 1.8 would probably be okay on it, though. If you had a B chip that you wanted to overclock, definitely wouldn't want the Sis...easy, go IT7. But the Sis is pretty darn cheap compared to the IT7...so...

Though it's possible to find a BD7 pretty low on price, too. Possibly even a bit lower than the Sis. If you want cheaper, go BD7. If you want features, go IT7.

Look in your heart! There you will find the answer! :)

I already had a SIS P4S533 and I had problems running games, cause they all showed texture corruption both with my Radeon 8500 and my brothers GeForce4 MX440 and another Radeon 8500 of a friend of mine.

I had my 1.8 @ 2.4 with it, well from the comments I got, I am 99% sure about getting an Abit IT7.

Any further comments are really apreciated.

certainly go with the IT7.

i run an IT7 with a 2.4b 533FSB northwood , it is at 167FSB for 3Ghz, without vmod, i originally did the vmod for 1.85 volts and got 3.33Ghz, i think it was stable but i want to leave a margin for error.

btw, PS/2 -> USB adapters are not good, USB ports do not like the signal strength of PS/2 devices, on the other hand a PS/2 port can handle the USB drive strength.

in other words, you need to get a USB keyboard.

another vote for the it7 max. If you can wait the max 2 will have the ps2 port

The MAX2 costs about $60 more than the first, in which case you could just buy a USB keyboard/mouse.

I am thinking of getting a Logitech Cordless & Optical set with that difference in money.

Well sometime next week I will order an IT7.

I have An asus 533 and a Abit bd 711 I have had problems with the multiplier on the 711. (Using an unlocked 2.4 northwood). No such problems with the 533

Back