• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th72-raid help (96 degrees)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cybercla

Registered
I raised the FSB on my motherboard to 125, and the Cpu voltage to 1.85 (actual 1.75-1.8 I suppose). After running prime95 for about 30 minutes everything was stable, but then I loaded some other program (I dont remember which one) it was for reading voltages and temperatures and after five minutes of running it, my winbound started beeping like crazy: The CPU temperature jumped to 96 degrees. Is that possible since I the CPU didnt get fried? Or could it be because of this other program? Windows got screwed, but now I reinstalled and I'm at 120 FSB (1.75 V) and everything seems to be stable.

By the way the wire mod on the cpu worked perfectly, it probably took 5 minutes and no magnifying glass needed, it took me longer to take off my Swiftec MCX478 and to put it back in. Thanks.

Also at 125 FSB wirh prime95 and winbound running the cpu temp was around 50-55. Is that too much? If I go pass 125, the bios shows the ram at 375/125 although at 124 is 496/124. Why are the figures going down?

Thanks

Edit: All the temperatures are in Celsius. (96 degrees Celsius)

yo cybercla wich bios are you using you got to put ram in bios of auto and do it on 4x ore 3x when memory doens take that high fsb

and on default its standing on auto so it wil automate go to a 3x multi over a fsb off 125

Back