• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's Ask The Expert's... Can You Help ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

llubon

Registered
Hi, I just recieved a new rig from NewEgg & I put it all togather yesterday go to hit the power button... NOTHING, ZIP, NODDA !!

Set-Up: Abit BD711 - P4 1.8 - Volcanno7+ - 256 OCZ pc3000 - Antec Full Tower case w/400w PS.

What have I Tried:
1) Changed out PS with extra I had laying around.
2) Pulled HeatSink & CPU Reseated to make sure correct.
3) Check RAM make seated Correctly & moved to dif. slots.
4) Check & re-checked to make sure have "power switch" connected to proper inlet on MoBo.

Question is... Is it the MoBo or the CPU thats not working ???
I think its the MoBo... what do you all think ???
Thx llubon:mad:

I dont' know about the BD72, but my BD7 has a green power light on the mobo itself near the diagnostic display that goes on whenver there is power going to the board, regardless if the computer is on or not.

Check to see if your mobo has that light. If it does, and you connect the power supply and have the power supply on (if it has a switch, it is in the on position), and the green light is on, then it could be the motherboard, as it is getting power.

The board would power on, if I remember correctly, regardless of the CPU state (I think it doesn't even have to be in, just you will hear the computer, and HDs going, but no beep, nothing.

Not to be offensive or anything, but also, try using the power button on the mobo, because maybe you connect the switch for your case incorrectly.

Back