• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ever happen to Abit fixing temp problems with the original BD7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deam

I know it doesn't mean anything if it isreading the temps high, but for easing state of mind, it would be nice if the mobo did not report my CPU at 60degrees full load.
I know that it is a mobo problem, and not the cpu.
Anyone have any updates for that?

I remember someone getting an email regarding this problem from Abit directly. Any updates?

Heck, people are making the same complaint with the IT7-Max2, and that board just came out! Why can't Abit do anything about the abnormally high temps their boards report?

Normally it is not a problem, except the CPU goes by the false BIOS temps, and may start to throttle. So if you are a mad overclocker, it will present a problem.

The ONLY time I have experienced clock throttling is with a 2.26 at 166 fsb and 1.75 volts on my TH7II-RAID, since at 40 C the BIOS says 60 C. I had a Sunflower on it and the actual temps hit 57 C under stress (digital probe touching the CPU), so naturally the BIOS read over 70 C so the CPU throttled back. But this was unnecessary as the CPU was nowhere near 70 C in actuality. I am using Mr. Natural's 7F BIOS and looks like it is something you can't fix easily in the BIOS or he would have done so.

I also imagine the problem is worse on some boards than others.

Let me say I am not happy with Abit tech support. They have not responded to 2 e-mails I sent them. At least Epox answers every one and Asus is pretty good too.

At least Asus' P4 series don't have this problem.

I'm experiencing some throttling problems here too. Going to switch to Asus real soon (P4B533-E).

I notice for BD7, the temperature read by the mobo's probe are about 11ºC higher than what my external probe reads.

When my probe reads 56ºC, my board reads 67ºC. On Intel's website, they say the Max. Temp. Junction is 67ºC for 1.80A, and I get throttled back occasionally a little.

I am suspecting the Winbond 83627 hardware monitor chip that is casuing the problem, but I'm not ruling out the clock generator either (someone told me got to do with the gen. also).

I have emailed to ABIT a dozen times, but I just got one reply. In that e-mail, the person said, "there will be BIOS updates at the end of the week." True enough, BD792.exe for my BD7 was released, but problem's not solved. I replied immediately, but until now (more than a month), nothing's been done, neither got reply.

HTH. :)

Same here between low Vcore voltages (1.6V when it should be 1.7V per the BIOS) and high temps on my BD7, I'm thinking aobut switching motherboards when the new ones come out that are certified for 3Ghz + chips. And I probably wont go with abit because of all these problems.

Back