• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533-V and Qfan RPM with different BIOS versions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iorx

Has anyone ever got an answer from ASUS support forums? I went through the hassle and registered on ASUS Club. I filed a report about the QFan differences between 1004.010 BETA and 1004 release. I’ve heard nothing since, not in the forums and no e-mail reply.

The difference is that 1004.010 throttle the fan down to ~1500rpm on my CPU (1,8GHz P4 with stock fan) and 1004 Release doesn’t go under 2700rpm. This is a pretty big difference in noise level generated from my machine. It’s very nice and quiet at 1500rpm and not so quiet at 2700.

The machine is at the moment overclocked to 2.4GHz, the CPU temperature is 41C and the Fan is rotating at 1460rpm.

My machine is virtually noiseless. Other parts in the system:
QuietPC power supply
Seagate Barracuda IV

No AGP card yet. Haven’t found one which gives me high performance and a quiet fan… Any suggestions?

Anyone tried the 1005 BETA?

Hi iorx

I read a good review on www.tomshardware.com re G-Force TI4600 cards & there was not much difference on the overall specs on the cards, however the card that did stand out in my eyes was the "PNY" it had the quitest fan. I checked it out @ www.dabs.com & got it for £250.00 YES it is quiet & I can`t fault it !!!
3D Mark 2001 = 10,744

Acko

Back