• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Some Advise!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrobutcher

Registered
I am going to built a new computer in few weeks..
I am searching for weeks to find the right parts for me and I would like little help from you..

I think asus P4B533-E and a P4 2,4Gh is a very nice and expendable solution..

1)Is this board worth the extra-money or i should prefer P4B533?

2)i also find interesting the asus P4T533..is this a nice(expendable) board or it does not worth the extra money(besides P4B533-E)?????

3)i think that P4B533-E supports PC2100 DDR memory but when I visit your site I noticed that most of you have PC2700 DDR sticks or sth else…if I do not work on overclocking straightway do I need PC2700 DDR sticks? and if I eventually buy PC2700 is there possibility that it does not works with the mobo???

4) if I do not work on overclocking do I need some extra cooling(for the cpu or especially for the case)???

5)for the VGA part I think a GF 4 MX-440 would be fine ..is it compatible with the mobos I refer??? I would like to hear any suggestions on the VGA part..

Sorry for the range and for the bad English..
Thanks..:)

IMHO,

1. The E comes with onboard RAID, sound, LAN and Firewire. If you need any of this, then the E may be worth it;

2. Intel has ditched RAMBUS so I think that you'd be better served in getting DDR if only that you can transfer the RAM to a new machine in the future;

3. There is always the possibility that RAM that is outside of the specifications of your motherboard will not work. As you noted though, most people are using the PC2700 RAM without any problems - just buy a reputable brand like Corsair;

4. The stock HSF does a good job on it's own but you should keep your eye on your temps. How your wiring lies within your case, what is producing heat inside the case, your case itself and the temperature outside your case are all influencing factors;

5. The video card you choose it totally up to you, though I would spend the extra money for the GF4 Ti4200 (my opinion).

Your English is pretty good.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this please.)

Get the P4B533-E
And make sure you get the 2.4B for the 533 Bus
It would be a shame to save $10 and not get the 533Bus

I have a P4B533-E, P4 2.4B and Corsair XMS PC-2700 I am now at 2717Mhz and will get to 2.8Ghz with a small voltage increase.

Back