• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i am buying a mobo tomorrow ,abit or asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tlamb2

Registered
i am getting a new board tomorrow but cant decide between the abit bd711 or the asus p4t533 i allready have p4 1.8 northy ,corsair xms 3000 cl2 i am trying to hit 3.0 gigs whats the best bet ????????????

are you trying to use 3GB of RAM or are you trying to hit 3Ghz? you can't really hit 3GB of ram on a P4 DDR board very easily sure as hell not with Corsair XMS..I don't think they even make a 1GB stick, let alone a 2GB stick of XMS....I can't find it on their site. The only way you can use 3GB of DDR anyway, and that's IF you pick up a board that supports that (which the P4B533 does NOT), is to do it in 4 banks or less, which means 1, 1GB stick and 1, 2GB stick....good luck finding anything above about 512MB in DDR, and even the DDR you CAN find is only PC2100...it ain't happenin' dude.

Back