• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

845 pc133 to 845e board change,need to format?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TLC

I,m changing my D845WN Intel pc133 board to a AopenAXB4-533 motherbord with 256mb pc2100 Crucial CL2.5.

I ,m keeping all the same hardware do I still have to format and reinstall my win XP pro?

Also I was talked into doing all this, will I notice and differance with my P4 1.5 in game or 3d mark score or everyday use or anything after I switch.:eh?:

I highly recommend doing a reformat and reinstall. But you probably won't have a choice. XP probably won't load after putting in the new board.

(Even though you're using the same cards and drives, there is a lot of hardware on the board, like your controllers, that won't work between boards.)

If all you are changing is the board and memory, I wouldn't expect a big increase in your benchmark scores, and at best only the slightest improvement in gameplay. But your rig will have the foundation it needs for future upgrades.

One note: If its not too late, the extra money you would pay for a faster DDR memory (Corsair XMS3200 CAS2 is great stuff) would be a smart investment.

BHD

Back