• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge cooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rj2

Registered
on my bd7II NB heatsink,there is a little foam type ring around the inner edge.is it safe to remove that.thinking it would make better contact iwth the chip.-hence better cooling.thnx
FYI i have a 40mm TT fan mounted on the chip with a compunurse readout.it averages about30 celsius right now.thnx

rj2 said:
on my bd7II NB heatsink,there is a little foam type ring around the inner edge.is it safe to remove that.thinking it would make better contact iwth the chip.-hence better cooling.thnx
FYI i have a 40mm TT fan mounted on the chip with a compunurse readout.it averages about30 celsius right now.thnx
yes, it is safe to remove it, and then lapp it.:D

i just took mine off. what the heck is that? theres the foam gasket witch serves no purpuse and then on mine there is a brown film directly on the sink(one of those thermal pads id persume) but no, theres thermal paste as well. the brown thing and the goop are history.

Back