• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G-A 8IEXP Exploitation (Complete Discussion)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. Waseem Iqba

Registered
Dear Overclockers,
I think we all (users of 8IEXP) can participate in this discussion with our experiences and problems and also can exchange our tips, so that we all can get some benefit.
This is the only way to get maximum out of GA-8IEXP.

My system:
M/B - GA-8IEXP
Processor - P4 1.6 A
RAM - Samsung DDR 266

I am able to run my 1.6 to 2.26 with stability.

Is there anyone who is able to change memory timings on this board and is there some tweaked bios available for this.

What would happen if one changes the bios of GA-8IEXP with the Bios of ASUS P4B533-e motherboard.

There is one more thing as I saw an emty jumper place on the board for changing the FSB between Auto and 133 (If any one tried it)

Dr. Waseem Iqba said:
There is one more thing as I saw an emty jumper place on the board for changing the FSB between Auto and 133 (If any one tried it)

Where?

It is between AGP SLOT and South Bridge just beneath the Clock generator Chip.
There is place for the jumper but the jumper is not there so one has to put a jumper there.
I am searching conductive glue to make a short circuit and then will see what happen.

If you hit control f1 in the bios it will let you change the memory timings. (im using the f7 bios)
my 2.53 runs rock solid @3.02

Back