• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the Sony Vaio be overclocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

htuong

Registered
Hi,

Has anyone tried overclocking a Sony Vaio PC. I heard it is very hard to do so, but I am trying to get some information on the subject. I am trying to raise my 3D Mark 2001 scores to at least the 10000 mark.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4492133

I will overclock my video card next week. That should raise my score up a little. Mobo is from ASUSTek Computer INC. P4B266LM. I can't seem to find the manual for this board at Motherboard.com or at ASUSTek's website. Sony's website is also useless. Any other place I should look? Thanks in advance

- Hong Tuong

Sony Vaio PCV-RX651
1.7 GHz P4
512 MB DRAM
128 MB GeForce4 TI4400
80 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP Home Edition
16x10x40x CD-RW
16x DVD-ROM
SB Audigy Gamer
Logitech Z-560
Sony 17" E240 Trinitron

it is very likely that this mobo was made especially for Sony and probably has many options disabled. It may be possible to overclock your CPU with software like SoftFSB or CPUFSB

You can also overclock your video card with a program like Nvmax, coolbits, rivatuner, or powerstrip

My only other suggestion would be to upgrade your CPU to a P4 Northwood with 512K L2 cache

i have a sony pcv-rx 450. still saving up for a system(im only 14) and no you cannot overclock sony computers. my friend has a sony pc-rx sumthin a p4 model and they dont give that option.

Back