• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best config 4 p4b533e?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bushibbler

Hello all, great forum by the way. I just received my asus p4b533-e motherboard and p4 2.4b cpu. Im curious to know what u think my best memory config would be as far as memory type and how much. One module of 512 or 2 modules of 256? Pc3200 or pc2700? Corsair or kingston or Sidewinder's extreme(samsung) ? I dont wanna spend any more than 200 dollars on memory right now either. thx all

This thread looks good for a move to Asus Intel Motherboards as I do recall. I believe the questions asked here could be best answered there. And Now Here ! And Welcome to the Forums as Nihili said :D

Maestro

Last edited:
I'm gonna follow Maestro's lead and help out by moving the thread there. If you don't get the response you want there, you might also try in memory.

Oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

nihili

bushibbler said:
Hello all, great forum by the way. I just received my asus p4b533-e motherboard and p4 2.4b cpu. Im curious to know what u think my best memory config would be as far as memory type and how much. One module of 512 or 2 modules of 256? Pc3200 or pc2700? Corsair or kingston or Sidewinder's extreme(samsung) ? I dont wanna spend any more than 200 dollars on memory right now either. thx all

Get the Corsair XMS 3200 modules; you can use the P4B533-E's memory ratio tweak to run at DDR400 (and above)! See my post here

Corsair XMS

My System:
Asus P4B533-E, Pentium 4 2.4B, 256MB Corsair XMS PC-2700, Maxtor 60GB, Pionneer 16x DVD-ROM, HP 9100i CD-RW, Enermax 350 Watt Whisper PS, Soundblaster Live! Plantnum, Coolermaster ATC-201C-SX2

hi I'm using a P4B533-E board also using Corsair XMS PC3200 1 X 512mb and you can really tweak out that memory you can also get a stick for under $200 I think thats what you may want to us only an opinion good luck

Back