• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

y so hot???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

casper83

help.....
my hardwaredoc reads 47-48C for my CPU...
its a 2.0A w/o overclocking n modding(i took out the vidmod already)
y?~!???
izit normal???
i really dun tink so....:(
n somemore i using AX478 with ThermalTake Smart Fan 2 running @ 5100++ RPM.... wif AS 3 somemore.......:(

edit: i using TH7II R

Make sure you've got the hsf on correctly...I've had a problem a couple of times where it was on just a little crooked and it wasn't completely making contact with the cpu, and I would get temperatures about like that...I found out when I pulled the hsf off and only half of the grease looked like it had contact...

I agree with marphyre, make sure your hsf is completely connected to the CPU. Also, remember that the ASIII amount used has to be tiny. Only a very very thin layer needs to be applied. If the layer is too thick it will start working as an insulator and only make things worse. Also make sure your HSF is not clogged by dust.

Then again, 53C is not ridiculously high for a P4. Just don't go overclocking it like mad before getting better cooling ;)

Edit: you said you took out the vid pin mod. Does that mean you are using 1.5V again, or are you still at 1.7 (being the max for TH7II wit P4A without the mod)?

hmmmm..... i onli used 4-5 drops of AS 3 on my AX478 n spread them out evenly....

Back