• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Difficulties with 1GHz Celery on 694T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aerosiecki

Registered
Well, I finally got a real mobo for my 1GHz Celeron (tualatin type). The poor thing was collecting dust because it's old motherboard didn't even have an AGP slot.

So, I have everything up and running, BIOS updated, all the drivers, and I'm ready to start playing. I know for a fact that this CPU and memory can easily take the O/C from 100fsb to 133 fsb without any complaints, and all at stock voltages. How do I know this? Hell, because the horrid little OEM mobo with it's onboard video and shady IDE controller (amptron . . . ugh) could even do it.

So therein lies the problem. I could O/C this setup with an absolutely horrible $25 motherboard, but now that I have my nice fancy 694T, I simply cannot. Any time that I change the FSB setting to anything other than AUTO(100), even just 101, it pukes during the memory scan and reverts to 100.

Any help would be much appriciated. I am so stumped on this one.

D

Well, a bit of an update.

Unrelated to the fact that this motherboard still won't get past POST with any FSB setting other than Auto . . .

Many folks know that these 694T boards have an odd quirk . . . you can only O/C to 131 FSB with a stock-100 chip for some reason. However, I have successfully "fixed" this bug. Let's just say that I whipped out my trusty pocket knife and started slicing open traces on the back of the board. I sent BSEL0 and BSEL1 to meet their maker, and instant 33% O/C!

So, I'm happier for now. I'd still like to be able to tweak the FSB, since I can now theoretically go up to 160 fsb . . .

D

That's weird, that 101 MHz does not work. I would suspect the ram. It can be very different how ram are accepted.
Try with some double sided ram, maybe apacer.

I have experience from both Intel and Via chipset tualatin boards. After working with two slot1 boards with modded slockets for tualatin I also wanted the real thing.

I had a MSI 815ept pro. On this I had a celeron 1000 tua. It worked nicely at 10x133 at 1.6 volt. For 1500 it needed 1.675 (this was very critical, no more no less) but was not totally stable. Ram used was crucial.
I then sold it to a college.

I now have an abit vh6t with via chipset. I use a celeron 1200 and runs it 1500 with 1.7volt. I have done a VID mod under the socket to get default voltage up at 1.675 volt.

See this about VID mod:
http://www.blargoc.co.uk/guides/tualatinoc/index.shtml

I used the mod on both my msi and abit board.

I have also had a gigabyte 60oxet-c, but it fooled me with it's user defined settings not changing dividers, as I would.

I should also warn you that MSI keeps its 1/3 pci divider all the way up to fsb 133, where it changes to 1/4. This was why I changed to my abit, where 1/4 can be set at fsb 124 and upwards. Since I use fsb 125.

But if you go with fsb 133 to 150, you will not have that problem.

Sorry, I can't really say that my 694T can do it, since I have none.

best regards

John

That BSEL story sent me a bit around in the world. I found out that if BSEL1 is connected to Vcc then frontbus will be interpreted as 133 by the bios.

http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/celeron-fsb100-oc.shtml

gives the table with fsb 66, 100 and 133. Since we have fsb 100, BSEL0 is 1 already.

Then this link gives the placement:
http://www1.beareyes.com.cn/bbs/3/201.htm

BSEL1 can also be connected to BSEL0. One can use conductive paint just as for VID mods.

best regards

John

Thanks for all the info. I've already used the BSEL trick (I cut the traces, to disable the 100 fsb).

My system is happily running at 1.33GHz for a month now, but I just cannot get it to go to 1.34 or anything higher than 133fsb!

I have tried swapping in some memory from a system that is running overclocked already, to no avail. I know for a fact that that memory is capable of 140+ fsb, so that's not it. I've even gone thru and taken out all my PCI cards to see if that helps, but no. Also, I've diabled all the onboard peripherals.

I've looked, and there's no jumper overriding the settings, either.

For the moment, I'm going to assume that the overclocking features of this board just don't work!

I've tried to contact MSI service, but they have never replied.

Oh well. I guess a 33% O/C isn't all that bad . . .

D

Hi
very interested in this and why you did not use Fuzzy Logic for your overclocking
I am using a cel 1gig manualy overclocked in the bios without having to do any hardware changes and such.
To answer the not beyond 133 it is becasue it is a 100fsb pro, as such the bios detects and sets variable of 101 to 132 plus auto.

Running at 110hmz, pc133 ram@133 and a few settings I found that you may not know of.
Time to share Bud if you will??
Thanks
Steve

your pages all seem interesting, but most of them are in non-english :( which unfortuantly is not helping me one bit. i've got the 694t pro with a celly 633 and i want to max it out at the 1040 i've seen it reach. or at the very least get to 900, when i try to it goes to about 870 and crashes. i've been doing all this in the BIOS the normal FSB is 60, i've had it set to 94, anything higher and :eek: meltdown and lockup. any sugestions?

Back