• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bd7ii Can I Use Pc3200 400mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pgiinc

Registered
WILL PC2700 333 AND OR PC3200 400 WORK IN THIS BOARD AT 133?THEN WILL I BE ABLE TO INCREASE FSB ON UPMAYBE HIGHER THEN THE PC2100 I HAVE IN IT RUNS 155
CAN SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP BEFORE I BUY ANY?
THANKS

To answer your question, YES. I would recomend going with the CorsairXMS3200-c2 ram. You can easily go past 200mhz on the memory bus using the 3:4 divider. You may have to loosen up the DDR timings a little bit, but you can go past 200mhz easy on the memory bus. The big draw back on the BD7 series boards is the fact that you can not push the DDR voltage past 2.7 I belive. My IT7 can go up to 3.2 with the bios I am running. That extra voltage helps to push the ram at higher speeds and still remain stable. I have had to clock my system down due to heat problems. I am in the process of designing a h2o/pelt system to get the temps back down so I can go after that 3ghz target. Good luck with your system.

Buzzdog

Back