• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7-II with new 533 fsb ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chozer

Right now I have a Abit TH7-II (non-raid) board. With a P4 1.8a processor and 256 RDRAM(PC-800).

My question is can I buy a 2.4B processor which is the new 533 FSB and use it in this board with my current RAM?

I think my RAM will run at 533.
I don't want to have to buy a new board and memory if this will work.

If it will work do I need a different bios version? Currently using ABit's latest official one.

Thanks

Yes you can my works

P4 2.4B Northwood @ 2.8 G w/Retail HSF,156 fsb Abit TH7II, th7h.40b bios 1.80 volt 4x128 Samsung 8 device, wd 120 gig se , Visiontek Ti4600 128 meg Video ,Creative Audigy gamer, Nec USB 2.0 adaptor, 40 gig USB 2.0 external very fast drive, 2 cd burners TDK /Plextor, 21” Mitsubishi Big screen. Logitech Z-560 400watt.3dmark 2001se (13117) http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4517132

anyone else here try this? Question....I guess I'm wondering what the advantage of this might be. Is it just the fact that you remove the instability of the CPU from the overclocking equasion? Also do these CPU's (533) need the voltage mod?. I also have a TH72 RAID and 512 of Samsung PC800. Say I would not be able to achieve 133 x 4, would it then be bad to bottleneck this CPU since it wants to run 133 or would it just throttle back with no issues? I was going to order a CPU (100), but I may as well for the same price order this (533) I suppose then.

Are you running the Memory at 3X or 4X. I always thought the DRCG's caused issues with the 133 X 4. Let me know.

It's running at 4x, I've got one single sided and one double sided RIMM on each channel.
When I put the double and single sided RIMMS together on one Channel it doesn't work.
I've also set the differential current at 5x, that's the only setting that works for me.

Right now I'm running the newest Beta Bios from Abit, but every bios I've tried so far has worked with this config (38, 7c, 7f)

right now I'm running this AMD machine because I wasted the TH72 RAID. I do not recall which BIOS I was running. Sounds like A P4 533 could be a serious option for me on this board. I have Samsung 16 device PC800 and hopefully soon a refurbished mobo from Abit.

Back