• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up IT7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clintonthelegen

Registered
I am building my first P4 system and need some help setting it up. I have a CDRW, DVD, 120GB hdd. I was thinking having the hdd as master on IDE1 and the DVD on IDE2. Can I put the CDRW on one of the raid channels? I would like to have them all seperated but didn't know if you can use the raid for normal IDE. Also when installing drivers when done installing xp anyone have any tips? On my amd system I always would install the 4in1 drivers, the vid card drivers, then sound card. I look at what is on the driver cd I got and don't know what all I need to install of it. Anyone wanna help me out a little would be great. :cool:

with my vp6 it wouldnt recognize my cdrw on the raid ide so ive keep it on the normal (blue) plugs. not sure if you can put it on the raid ones on a it7 but give it a try and see. i use my raid plugs for non raided harddrives and has always worked fine.and currently ive got my cdrw in ide #1. try the plugs that work best for your cable routing and see if it works.

Back