• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!. PC fails to boot first time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John B

Registered
Help!!. BG-7 fails to boot first time

Please help me!

Just built a new PC:-

Abit BG7 (Using onboard video)
Crucial PC2100 256mb
P4 Northwood 2GHZ.
350w Enermax PS

With just the above parts installed, when I switch the PC on (i.e turn power on at the Power supply then switch on at the front) the pc will not POST. No error message or bleeps. I try and reset at the front and it makes no difference. Switch off at the rear then on again makes it jump to life. It never fails second time.

Like all good faults it is intermittent, however I have replaced the memory and power supply and it is still failing.

I have reseated the processor chip. I am using "optimized defaults".

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks jolottashakn, I will post the message again with a better title.

Hmmn... I had very rarely boot problems with BG7, but somehow it got fixed. Have you tried new BIOS or taking your AGP card and using only the integrated video?

Have you tried clearing CMOS and pressing the reset button on the board? If I recall correctly, it's down towards the case connectors for HD light, power on, etc.

:cool:

Back