• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B533-E Memory Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Naeleros

Is there a way to get a 3:5 multiplier on the P4B533-E (at 120 FSB)? I'm aware of the 3:4 trick above 133Mhz... just wondering if there's a similar trick below 133. Its disappointing that the only memory speeds supported are 1:1 and 3:4. The P4S533 supports 1:1, 3:4, 3:5, and 3:6 (at least below 133).

Had I known.... I probably wouldn't have ordered the 2.5B processor... oh well.

James

Far as I know, no. The P4S533 has em cause it uses a Sis chipset and they supplied more options with it because the PC2700 support. Of course the P4S533 would probably be unstable at 120Mhz due to the fact you can't lock the PCI/AGP speeds on it.

That's too bad.. very disappointing. Here I sit with 200MHz C2 DDR and running at a feeble 160.. :(. Guess I shouldn't complain.. its a far cry better than the 135Mhz that I could get with my AMD system... heh.

James

I take it that it wouldn't run stable with the 3:4 multiplier enabled? I'd back the FSB down a few numbers til you can get the DDR stable, you'll probably see much better results when you benchmark the system.

No.. it runs fine at 3:4. However, that's only 160 MHz RAM (320 DDR). If I could get a 3:5 multiplier.. then I'd be at 200 MHz.

James

Back