• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX or IT7-MAX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SiGmA_X

I am not yet ready to buy a P4 rig, but I'm strongly looking in to getting one soon, and the base platform will have to be an ABit, because of their ability to overclock and their great reputation to be extremely stable boards, packed with features.

Now, my question is what board to get. I'm looking at (obviously) the IT7-MAX or the IT7-MAX2. I need to know the differences (Not the basics, such as the SerialATA, or AGP8x...) between these boards, and the abilities of each. Which one overclocker’s best? Which one is the best bang for the buck?

Thank you all in advance!

Well spyder has a max, so try to get a good look at his and see what my MAX2 has that his MAZ dosent. I've never seen the MAX up close, but I hear that the MAX2 has some of the bugs from the MAX worked out.

The Max2 also has Ps2 Ports which the Max did not. I also believe the Max2 is AGP 8x. Also the Max2 is supposed to have some of the Max's original bugs worked out. Looks like a great board. I have one just have not hooked it up yet.

I found the IT7 MAX2 to be identical to the IT7 MAX when it came to overclockability. I was able to get the board to run stable with my 2.26Ghz @ 2.89 170FSB 1.80V (RAM 3:4 2.8V 2-6-2-2) with only air-cooling. As for the MAX2 having AGP 8x that is false the IT7 MAX2 only has AGP4x while the AT7 MAX2 has AGP 8x. The board is damn stable and I can’t wait to volt mod it and it hook up my Prometeia (once the damn thing comes in :p)

The board is just as good as the IT7 if not better do to the extra features and the addition of the PS/2. Once VIA gets their s*** fixed I might go back and try my P4PB 400 (hopefully it can be fixed with a bios update) until then it sits with the Soyo I tested. I see no problems with the IT7 MAX2 and I'm happy with the results.

Damn spyder sorry to hear ya dont like it but have you actauly tried it out for yourself? I love my MAX2 it rocks. I O/Cd it from 2.53 too 3gig and only gained 3C on stock cooling 55C folding (abit temp thingys are higher than they should be so thats good temps there) and it would have ben stable but im to chicken to up the volt high enough (1.65) lol. scared of SNDS.

The Spyder said:
The max2 is made by ECS DONT BUY IT- IT SUCKZ!

OK, you know this for sure.

If ECS made my board, hat's off to them, because this in the finest quality board I have ever owned.

This board is by far the most stable board I have ever used....

So you're from Oregon...thats got to suck...sorry bout your luck bud...I guess the eastern states get all the good boards. :rolleyes:

:eek: :)

Last edited:
Intrepid6546 said:
HEY! I'm from Oregon and my IT7-MAX2 rulz too!

Uh Oh, there goes my theory....it must be because he just turned 18 and he still knows everything, ya thats it.:) :) :burn:

seriously, this Abit Max2 is great. Black PCB just makes the whole deal. Much better then the old brown-copper-orange PCB. Thats the only thing I didnt like about the Abits, the MB color, the Max2 makes my third Abit.

:D

Last edited:
hehehe, there are other theories behind his hardware issues :J hehe j/k Spyder. As for black PCB that's like one of my main reasons for wanting it, and man it is everything i thought it would be times 10! and goes great with my black sound card (audigy plat) and my balck case with silver insides. This is my 2nd Abit nad probably NOT my last :-D

Umm. mabey the suck because:
1. Mine was DOA 2 times
2. None of 3 i have tried can match the OC that my IT7 can
3. I expect more due to abits former boards in reguards to getting to 3.5gig. Promeithia Rulez ALL!

RacerX27 said:

So you're from Oregon...thats got to suck...sorry bout your luck bud...I guess the eastern states get all the good boards.
Watch the insults ~ if you realy want to stay on this forum ;)

dude spyder calm down man he was jokin. and my IT7-MAX2 had hit 3gig easily, havent tried 3.5 becasue well..i want better cooling before i go that far, tho i probably could, I'm a real cautious type.

Just warning him~ especialy with the new admins~ 3.5 is what ive hit~ i LOVE promethia!!! its sooo nice! Too bad its not mine....

Intrepid6546 said:
dude spyder calm down man he was jokin. and my IT7-MAX2 had hit 3gig easily, havent tried 3.5 becasue well..i want better cooling before i go that far, tho i probably could, I'm a real cautious type.

Hey Intrepid, how do you like that 3200ddr, I have a stick of the 3000c2, it runs out at 214 max settings. 2,6,2,2 @ 3.2vddr.

Oh btw I have moded the new AV bios with a 3.2v option for Vmem.

I will only give it to the ppl that i like. :D

Tell me more about this RAM. I'm not to up to date on what al lthat you said means, I just know god RAM when I see it :). and my mobo can up the RAM volt prety far, dont remember how far tho.

Intrepid6546 said:
Tell me more about this RAM. I'm not to up to date on what al lthat you said means, I just know god RAM when I see it :). and my mobo can up the RAM volt prety far, dont remember how far tho.

Corsair is top notch stuff. 2.8v is the Vmem limit on the IT7max2 stock, I have open the options to 3.2v.

If you dont under stand what i have said its going to be really hard for me to explain.

:)

Back