• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp offset for MBM5 with IT7-MAX2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I have an Abit IT7-MAX2 with a P4 2.53 on stock cooling and AS3, 2 front intakes 2 rear outputs 1 side input over the cpu and 1 top out and 1 bottom input fan, and PSU fans too. So I got lots of airflow. I have a few questions.

1: Would the offset for Abits sensors be the same for al lsensors? meaning if I find the ofset for the case temp, can I use that for the CPU temp?

2: What should the offset be for this? Is there a typical offset for Abit boards?

3: In general how do you find the offset?

Thanx

When I set up MBM I set it up so that it was the same as the Temp reported in Bios.

When The latest version was released I found I needed no offset.

The MBM5's temperature readouts are the same as what you'll get from the BIOS and the Winbond Monitor.

However, the IT7-MAX2 still has the high temperature issue users have been complaining on their BD series.

So maybe in your MBM5, you might like to set the compensation for the CPU sensor to -10°C so that it reads just about the correct temperature of your CPU.

The offset of the case temperature and the offset of the CPU temperature won't be the same.
I think the System temperature is actually the temperature of the Northbridge.

To find the offset (like what I did on my BD7), I bought an external thermal probe. A cheap one will do if you're just gonna check for the offset of CPU and System temperatures. I placed the thermal sensing end touching the heat spreader of the CPU and check the reading.

So if the board BIOS reads 50ºC and your external probe tells you 39ºC, the offset would be 11°C. So when you go to MBM5, under the compensation, you just set to -11°C.

:)

About how much money is one of these things? I was hoping not ot have to spend money on this but I guess I would use it for monitoring my RAM, thy MAX2 has a header for a 3rd thermometer that is the RAM temp.

Back