• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 33hz easy but need some help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry

IT7 3ghz easy but need some help...

First the good:

Still playing with it and want to burn it in a little more but looking good so far...

http://www.pbase.com/image/4926818/original

http://www.pbase.com/image/4926819/original

Specs:
Thermaltake Xaser II A6000B Plus Silver Aluminum Case
Thermaltake 420w Active PFC PS
Abit IT7 MAX/ MrNatuaral 9X BIOS
P4 2.26 Northwood OEM wk25 Malay 1.65v
Swiftech MCX4000 w/Thermaltake 80mm Smart Fan II
[2] Corsair XMS 3200 512mb CAS2 DDR@2-5-2-2 2.7v
PNY GF4 Ti4600
Toshiba 16X DVD
Lite-On 48X12X48 CD-RW
[2] WD 40gb 8mb cache JBs RAID0

Seems real stable so far. 24hrs of Prime95 and Looping 3D Mark 2001SE. I think it will do more, I know the memory will... good stuff! And notice the bench on the HDDs... those WD JBs rock. Hats off to Thermaltake for a GREAT Power Supply! 5v rail stays at 5.13v under full load! The IT7 Max is DaBomb for overclocking. Locking the PCI and AGP to stock setting really helps. Earlier I set the Hardware Strap to LOW and the memory to 3:4 ratio. With relaxed memory timings 2-6-3-3 it was going 228mhz on the memory, which easily runs with RDRAM PC 1200. Had to run the CPU FSB at 171 there. It is at 177mhz now.

Now the bad, and needing some advice from IT7 users and gurus.
I can not get the onboard sound to work right. Tried drivers from the factory CD and from Realtech's website. Brand new set ot Altec-Lansing 215 speakers [5.1s] all I can get is sound from the left channel no matter what I try.

Could not get the Realtech onboard nic to work right either. I run Sygate Home Network on my fileserver and use a switch to connect other PCs so all can share my cable modem. Never had any problems before. But with this motherboard it bridges the nic and the 1394 port. It says everything is working ok but it will not go to my other PCs or the internet. I'm no network expert for sure so after a couple days of frustration I uninstalled the Realtech onboard nic and disabled it in the BIOS. Put in an Intel nic, XP automaticly bridged the connection again [Network Bridge] and it worked perfect. What is funny the network connection icon in the Taskbar says 1.4 Gps!!! Don't I wish!

BTW running Windows XP Pro. Kinda ticks me off. This was an expensive board and I already had to uninstall the nic and if I can't figure this sound problem out I am gonna end up buying a sound card, too. ANY HELP APPRECIATED!
Thanks

Last edited:
Back