• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mr. Natural?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I have been away from this forum for a little while so I have missed some recent events. I have just seen some referneces to Mr. Natural no longer participating in this forum and his web site no longer seems to exist. I am curious what happened as he provided an excellent resource.

RhoXS said:
I have been away from this forum for a little while so I have missed some recent events. I have just seen some referneces to Mr. Natural no longer participating in this forum and his web site no longer seems to exist. I am curious what happened as he provided an excellent resource.

Kaput? :eh?:

Facts speak for themselves. I am using a Mr. Natural 7F bios on my TH7II. It has solved the cold boot/spontaneous reboot problem and has given me stability I did not previously have. Abit was unable to provide a bios that could also do this. It also cost nothing. Regardless of how or what Mr. Natural did to accomplish these features he did provide soemthing very useful. Therefore, I am at a loss how people can say that he is not all that he is cracked up to be. He certainly helped me,

i think its because he did not devulge the tools he was using to do the job and instead perfered the mystic uber status he was getting. anyone can do these mods with the programs. hell theres even forums out there like this one dedicated to bios modifications. i found out how to do it today and posted a link to where to get it. it was a good service but he could have done a lot more good if he just posted the tools and the forums links along with his offerings. that would be how i would have handled it, wouldnt you?

Hey RhoXs did you w/cool that mobo? I also have been using Mr N's bioses and they all worked as billed, and he wasn't charging anyone for his work. He did something for us and wasn't trying to make a killing. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

[ends rant]

steve

skou said:
He did something for us and wasn't trying to make a killing. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

[ends rant]

steve
very true
but what if he said "hey look what i found out how to do. i can mod bios the way weve all been wanting to do and this is how i did it and what i used". that would have been 50 posts of thanks and a better community because of it. instead we are just barely finding out how to make them and we have 522 posts of "your uber" and "can you make me..." at the top of the page.
p.s the mrnatural 9x bios created cold boot issues on my rig

Hi Skou. The TH7II I referenced above is the mobo that I water cooled with the parts you now have.

Even if I had the software tools to do what Mr. Natural did I would never have had time to do the research to learn what to revise and what to leave alone. Bottom line, he provided me with something that has and still does prove very useful to me. How or why he did this is really irrelavant. If he fed his own ego by doing this then both of us gained something. Sometimes my ego needs boosting too. Damn, I just realized I'm human!

An old friend's dad, before he died many years ago, had a great expression. It went like this. "I do not why he is mad at me, I never did him any favors". I think this sums it up.

Skou, I have been trying to make that entry you requested. To do so requires an email response from them to activate the registration. For some reason I am not receiving email from them. I have emailed them twice about the problem. I am at work now but maybe I will have received something when I get home.

im not ready to call mrnatural an ego driven guy. have you heard the saying: give a man a fish he eats for a day give a man a pole he eats for a life time. anyone can do this with little time invested
simple thing like adding ddr voltage and changing defaults can be done in ten minutes and thats what 90% of us have been waiting monthes for.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124816
http://awdbedit.parodius.com/
http://www.wimsbios.com/
http://www.bioscentral.com/wbb/main...6e56dbd0&sid=cf1bb8407bbeedfb9ac874386e56dbd0
http://www.xbitlabs.com/mainboards/award-bios-update/

Jirnsum said:
So you're the windsurfer dude ;) Redirected people to your page quite some times already. Thanks for keeping them up there man!

No problemo, mate.. I originally placed a few bios' up there on that spare site just for the guys on [H]ardOCP.. but it grew bigger than I thought..:eek:

Every time I try to take it down, I get inundated with posts asking "why is the bios page down???".. so it looks like i'm stuck with it for a while..

As far as Mr Natural goes, that man is a gentleman who went out of his way to provide us all with a service.. and I respect him for it.

FT. [Rainman]

RhoXS said:
Facts speak for themselves. I am using a Mr. Natural 7F bios on my TH7II. It has solved the cold boot/spontaneous reboot problem and has given me stability I did not previously have. Abit was unable to provide a bios that could also do this.

If I am correct, the cold boot problem was not solved by Mr Natural but by Abit themselves in the 7c bios, on which Mr Natural 7f bios is based.

Don't get me wrong, when I started the thread http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124816 my intention was not to start a flame war toward Mr Natural.

For all I think, I believe he has a very good knowledge of how bios works and has probably done some assembly work in the past on some bios. He also kindly provided oc-forums members with some tweaked bios at a time when few of us would have had the ability to do it.

However I have a problem with the way he presented us his bios: no change log, no explanation. When pushed hard to explain the changes his answer was something along the line "a few under the hood tweaks". Does that satisfy you?

Here's an analogy: let's assume you go regularly to the gym. A fellow gym member who seems to have more experience than everyone else comes one day and says: "look there: I have taken this plain painkiller tablet, modified a few ingredients, and there's my tweaked tablet which will help you build body muscle quicker." Would you take it?

Since I was not happy with the way Mr Natural presented his bios, I had to analyze it to know what it did. In the process I learned a lot of things and found out it is very simple to do what he did, and I do not need to use his bios; the official Abit bios is all I need as I can tweak as much as I want to, with the reassuring thought of knowing everything that has been changed and why.

I will probably release a new bios soon. You can expect a full change log from me, along with explanations of how and why I tweaked it.

On a final note, if you want to seriously learn modifying the bios in assembly (which is more than I can do), head up to the biosmods forums where you will find some great people who have an expert knowledge of bioses.

Last edited:
Come on guys.... Arman68 has valid arguments here.

Here's an analogy: let's assume you go regularly to the gym. A fellow gym member who seems to have more experience than everyone else comes one day and says: "look there: I have taken this plain painkiller tablet, modified a few ingredients, and there's my tweaked tablet which will help you build body muscle quicker." Would you take it?

If Mr. N just used modbin6.exe and CBROM to modify Abit BIOS, then his BIOS basically is still the same as factory BIOS. No breakthrough modification to support/sustain higher MHz. It's not about people "eating fish or pole for the life time", But to tell the truth "there is no significant changes" inside his BIOS. He has to disclose what he changed in his BIOS, so public can appreciate the differences.

I use modbin6.exe and CBROM.exe often for all my bios, so it is working according to my tastes & preferences, but I don't dare to tell the public that my tweaked BIOS will improve overclocking.

Back