• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NooB has question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nyprober

I've been browsing this informative board for about 2 months now, and finally subscribed. anyway, I decided building a computer would be much cooler than ordering a system (I had nightmares with ocsystem.com).
Anyway, I've assembled the following:

pIV 2.26 cooled by thermalright ax478 w/ thermaltake smartfan 2
Abit bd7II w/ latest mr natural bios
corsair XMS 3200pt cl2.5
MSI ti 4400 WD special ed 80 gig ata 100

i've overclocked it to 170 mhz FSB and have it rock stable.. 3dmark plays over and over without crash, ran prime95 for about 4 hrs without hiccup, ran all sandra tests...

But I'm running at 1:1 ram:fsb ratio. When I try to run at 3:4, the computer wont make it to the memory test. Even when I underclock the sucker to 1.7 ghz it wont work! i've tried messing with the ram timing but can't get it to work. Is there some option in the bios regarding ram that I have to change in order to get the 3:4 divider to work? I'd like to get better bandwidth... @ 170 fsb I'm getting 2605 in sandra. @ 175 I get 2683. I want to be able to run the ram at its rated DDR speed! Funny thing is this: @ 1:1 I can run the com at 180 fsb (360 mhz ram). but at 3:4 and 200 mhz ram, or 266, or 350, it wont post! Gimme some suggestions guys

James

Is there a trick to get the 4:3 divider to work? or could my mobo be bad.. or my ram? come on guys.. you've been so helpful to every other newcomer. Lemme know what you think

Back