• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help on P4B533-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok.. thanx
but the manual didn't mention it :(

Any P4B533-E user can confirm?

And also, can i use the Raid ports to connect them to HDD/HDDs w/o raiding them?
If yes, can u teach me how to go abt doing it?

FrOzE said:
And also, can i use the Raid ports to connect them to HDD/HDDs w/o raiding them?
If yes, can u teach me how to go abt doing it?

TWY said:
FrOzE, look under here:

Lumberjacker

Would like to thank Asuka for providing me with this wonderful site. :)
Hi, what do i do? do n flash the bios or?

Which bios do i have to d/l?

Uh... The download page has two rows. The one on the left is for the full TX2000 RAID functionality. Then the one on the right is for the Pure UDMA133 mode.

After you download it, then you must read the .txt file included to download the correct driver set for the UDMA133.

If you want to read in English, then you can use the BabelFish function in AltaVista to read.

:)

TWY said:
Uh... The download page has two rows. The one on the left is for the full TX2000 RAID functionality. Then the one on the right is for the Pure UDMA133 mode.

After you download it, then you must read the .txt file included to download the correct driver set for the UDMA133.

If you want to read in English, then you can use the BabelFish function in AltaVista to read.

:)
Thanks a lot! Would like to ask u, are u using this board?

Using the RAID bios from this website? Are the good n reliable? How do i flash the BIOS?

FrOzE said:
Thanks a lot! Would like to ask u, are u using this board?

Using the RAID bios from this website? Are the good n reliable? How do i flash the BIOS?
I currently don't own this board yet, but have been playing around with my friend's system which uses this board. Getting one pretty soon from the shops near me. But I've read the P4B533-E's manual and can pretty much memorize quite a bit. ;)

To flash the BIOS, you'll download the original offical BIOS from Asus, then replace the original 1009.bin to the modified 1009.bin that you had downloaded from Lumberjacker.

TWY said:

I currently don't own this board yet, but have been playing around with my friend's system which uses this board. Getting one pretty soon from the shops near me. But I've read the P4B533-E's manual and can pretty much memorize quite a bit. ;)

To flash the BIOS, you'll download the original offical BIOS from Asus, then replace the original 1009.bin to the modified 1009.bin that you had downloaded from Lumberjacker.
So i assume u had tried it b4 right? How's it? As good as the original BIOS?

FrOzE said:
So i assume u had tried it b4 right? How's it? As good as the original BIOS?

I tried the one with the full RAID support, not the one with the UDMA 133 support.

The BIOS is exactly the same, except that the RAID BIOS is changed.

TWY said:

I tried the one with the full RAID support, not the one with the UDMA 133 support.

The BIOS is exactly the same, except that the RAID BIOS is changed.
oh ok....

How's the RAID BIOS? better than the default 1? How does the 32k stripe restrict u?

And also, is ur friend using the onboard soundcard? if no, how did he disable it?

I disabled it in BIOS, but when i boot into Windows, in System device there will always be a Multimedia Controller with a "!"
Then i went ahead n uninstall it from the System device n restart my computer... but once into windows, it detect the soundcard again.

Last edited:
FrOzE said:
oh ok....

How's the RAID BIOS? better than the default 1? How does the 32k stripe restrict u?

And also, is ur friend using the onboard soundcard? if no, how did he disable it?

Can't quite remember the RAID BIOS. But the default RAID BIOS only gives you 8KB and 64KB stripes if I'm not wrong.

My friend's using the onboard sound. So can't help you with this.

TWY said:

Can't quite remember the RAID BIOS. But the default RAID BIOS only gives you 8KB and 64KB stripes if I'm not wrong.

My friend's using the onboard sound. So can't help you with this.
Thanx! Anyway i solved the soundcard problem already. To disable it, go to BIOS n disable PCI Sound controller.

Anyway, u want buy P4B533-E? If u getting it in like mid next month, U might 1 2 get a 2nd hand 1, u can come look for me. As i'll be selling in mid Oct/late Oct, coz i'll be buying the P4PE then.

I d/l the Original BIOS from Asus website n unzipped it. But the file is in .awd not .bin lehz how?

FrOzE said:
I d/l the Original BIOS from Asus website n unzipped it. But the file is in .awd not .bin lehz how?
How????
Change the .awd to .bin? or?

Back