• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHich mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

My moms computer has a cheapo soyo mobo in it, and is having problems, so I am looking to get a new one for her. She uses a p4 1.7ghz (478 pin) and 512mb of sdr ram. Thanks!

can anyone give me a point towards the newest p4 chipset? Oh yeah, I forgot to add. The board does not need to have great overclocking features as there will not be any overclocking :)

It's going to be hard to find a P-4 board that runs SDRAM.

You gonna keep the Willy, or upgrade to a woodie? What kind of rig do you want to build, an upgrade for Mom?

Give us some hints as to "where do you want to go" (intel's old promo)

steve

gonna keep the willy. I just need a board with 3 sdr slots, 4 PCI slots, 1 4x agp slot. Dont need any fancy bios, cause there will be no overclocking . Just needs to work good (needs to be stable). thanks!

What soyo board do you have, my first board was a soyo p-4 SDRAM board. It ran OK but didn't o/c very well. I think it was a p-41s2, but I am not sure.

steve

What's the matter with it? My brother got an update from his p-200 with my p41, and it's running good.

steve

not sure, lots of problems sometimes it didnt run my p4 1.6 at the correct multiplier. but its running this 1.7 fine. Its just messing a lot of things up that didnt mess up in other systems. (like my video card, but that may just be dead.)

Just asking, kit from Fry's? That's where mine came from.

steve

That's the case my TV is in (my backup/folding rig ). I like the M/B tray, it's easy to set up.

steve

Tell me about it, my psu only has 2 mounting screws in it.

My other rig is in the case with 4 5.25 bays in it, put one of the smaller sides on the right side, perfect for running water lines to the fridge.

steve

Back