• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Linux issues with Epox 4G4A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Muggy

I've got the strangest problem with my new setup. I cannot boot into Linux. In fact, I can't even boot to the install option from the cd. The whole system locks up after the "Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel." message. This is RH 7.3 and I've heard no issues with this from anywhere else. I'll stress this because I know someone will mention it: I cannot even boot from the CD to reinstall Linux. I've got two cd drives and they both exhibit the same problem. My old system was a celly-t 1.3 and it worked fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

By the way, win2k works flawlessly and I'm getting repeatable 3dmark2001 scores of around 11300 with my current setup (see sig).

UPDATE:
I tried an old version of Mandrake and it seems to work up to the point where it looks for a place to mount the system. It'll find my second drive but not the first. Anyway, I'm going to tinker with RH 7.2 to see if that's any different.

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem, I don't remember exaclty what i changed but I think it was something with USB mouse/keyboard support in the bios.

Try changing those around and it'l work again.

Hmmm... I have it set to disable both right now. I'll try it out and let you know what I find. I did manage to get an earlier kernel version installed so i'm not completely sunk yet.

My good icetrain, you're a miracle worker! That did exactly what you said it would! I enabled the USB keyboard and mouse support and everything went flawlessly. Thanks a ton! I still think these forums are the absolute best source of info out of all the ones I've been involved in over the years. Keep up the great work people!

Back