• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little BD7II-R Overclocking advice - how to get more speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zendel

Registered
I just setup the following:

BD7II-Raid Motherboard
2.0A p4 cpu
CORSAIR XMS 512MB 32MX8 PC-3200C2 - ram
Western Digital Special Edition HD
Etc

Right now by increasing the cpu voltage by 15% and the DDR voltage to 2.6 I can run with a 120 FSB with no problems after 24 hours torture test. Any more than that and the computer either won't boot properly/loads windows but not overclocked at all/fails sandra burn-in & cpu stability test 6.0.

I have the:
Multiplier set at 20x
Memory speed is either 3:4 or 1:1
Agp is either fsb/3 or 4

Is there anything else I can do to get a little more speed or have I found the limits of this chip? (Excluding any hardware mods...)

You really need to VID Pin it to 1.7V. The BD7-II undervolts the core to only 1.45V and then only allows a 15% increase. Do the VID Pin to 1.7V (1.65V on the Abit) and then you can get the core to 1.85V and run that 2.0A at 2.6 GHz+.

DaveB said:
You really need to VID Pin it to 1.7V. The BD7-II undervolts the core to only 1.45V and then only allows a 15% increase. Do the VID Pin to 1.7V (1.65V on the Abit) and then you can get the core to 1.85V and run that 2.0A at 2.6 GHz+.

VID pin??? i really need more volts, so where can i find the VID pin?

you are done at 2.4 gig
dont mess with vid pin you might ruin your cpu its very hard to wire the pins maybe you could paint the scockets but its not for most folks
set agp/pci to fixed
use lates bios from abit

DaveB said:

i did the vid pin mod and it's rocking!

Back