• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best processor upgrade for Abit BE6 ver1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theodork

Registered
Hey, i've got the Abit BE-6 board, and i want to upgrade its processor, and i want to go with a celeron (because it costs half as much as a P3) This is the original BE-6, not ver 2 or anything.. and im not quite sure what processor i can use.. It's slot one but i can use a slot adaptor (anyone know wher ei can get one for cheap? can't find one on newegg) I keep seeing FCPGA and FCPGA2, im guessing FCPGA2 is for the tulatin based processors.. so wont work with my board.. but when it comes to the 1.1 and 1.2 celeron processors, im seeing some sites say FCPGA and others saying FCPGA2??

In otherwords.. whats the best celeron based processor i can get for my Abit BE-6, can anyone help?

im just trying to upgrade cheaply.. just enough to hold me over until i buy a new computer in a couple of months. (just started college, can't do much but wordprocess and old games now)

current system specs:
celeron 300a o/c @ 450
voodoo3 3000 ---> purchasing msi 4200 128mb
256mb ram
sound blaster live! value
40g HD
52x cdrom
8-4-32 HP burner

without doing the tualatin celeron slotket mod, you are stuck with a celeron 1000 (not 1000a). It dont overclock very well however

that or a p3 1 ghz, also which wont oc very well

Back