• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S8X and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rukmedes

This is my first time contemplating O/C and i am building a new system a p4 2.53 northwood with the p4s8x mobo i was wondering has anyone overclocked on this board and/or is it a good board for O/C?

it's a fairly new board and i haven't seen anyone with it. until you hear anything more concrete it's safe to assume that the board will be great since it supports AGP 8X and pc2700. if ddr is your thing then i would consider this board but i'm an asus kind-a-guy so maybe wait until somebody buys one

O.K, I got it, and after a bunch of calls to the Techies, for help, I finally have this board up and running. As you can see in a post or two back, I am over the FSB according to Sandra at 540 and it is supposed to be 533. Now it is making some wierd noises, and jerks during unreal2K3, but other then a couple of those, it is kickin right along. I only overclocked the vid card, 8460ultra GeForce 4 4600 128mb from 300 to 315...so I wonder.....

Back