• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

re: PSU failure- consequences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

libby24

re: PSU failure- consequences

Did this happen to no-one but me. The fuse blew inside PSU. If it did happen to anyone what was the result to the rest of the components.

Need more info? Like, did you short your 5v or 12v line on a molex connector? Did it just blow the fuse. What are you running off the power supply? ETC.....

I would check to make sure nothing is grounding out on the circuit board, then replace the fuse and try turning it on. (not connected to computer)

I have never had just a fuse blow in any of my p.s. , They usually make a bang and then start smoking.

There was more detail in an earlier post on this same page. It was a 400w supply so it was adequate for cdrw /dvdrom Hdd and floppy. There was no great overload. For about 3 days everything running fine. There was no smoke or smell of burning and the sr7-8x looks normal. But I am nervous of putting the new PSU in. I was hoping for some advice before doing so.

Back