• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7 2 V core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Hey my Vcore voltage is running at 1.36 does this sound screwed up? Im using the Mobo monitor to watch it. Please let me know whats up so I may not toast my refurbed board.

That's a little low, but not bad for that board. When I was at default voltage my boards were .4 or.7 low

I still haven't heard which voltage to use for max voltage.

I THINK it is a reporting problem not an under volt problem.

I hope this helps,

steve

Sorry I forgot to add that it is a 1.6a on a TH72 RAID. The darn alarn keeps going off on mobo monitor.....whats with this?

Are you running a fan, or water cooling? There is a setting on bios to disable the alarm, if you don't have a fan hooked up to the board. That's the only alarm I can think of.

steve

I'm watercooling this one. My issue isn't really a bid deal....for starters though I remember having to do the Vid pin mod on the CPU for the extra voltage right? I thought this 1.6a was locked at 1.5 right? Damn maybe my memory is bad, but this board came back from Abit and I have the ability WITHOUT the wire trick to crank up the voltage. I'm running 1.625 and it reports 1.5 on the mobo monitor....any thoughts on this. It seems to be running fine @ 2 GHZ I just want to clarify this. Also I damaged the CPU while my board was gone by bending a pin, well lets just say theres a new player on the block introducing the Intel socket 477 P4 2 GHZ @ 125x4. :D This damn thing refuses to die!.....now id it could just convince the mobo I'b be in excellent shape!

With the th7 (and it7) the voltage is adjustable up to 1.7 without vid pin trick.

Where did you find the custom 477 socket? You must have bent one of the dead pins. I read about a trick of bending them back with a credit card, and i needed it once.

If you don't have a fan plugged in to the board you will get that alarm.

steve

really? Ahh my memory sux, I hoestly thought the P41.6a would not allow for the 1.7 adjustment for some reason...anyhow I have dual fans on my RAM so yes the mobo thinks that I have a CPU fan. When I activate the monitor it beeps cause my voltage is low.....oh well its been running stable for the first 5 hours so I hope it'll be OK.

Back