• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disable CPU Fan Error on Asus P4S533??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDGuy

My fan plugs into a 4 pin molex. The MB is erroring due to no CPU fan on the fan header. Can this be disabled?

Also, my thermalright AX-478 is giving me 42C at full load with a case temp of 34C after running Prime 95 over night. Right now I'm at stock voltage and stock speed at 1.8Ghz on a P4.

in the bios under power>>hardware monitor go down to the listing for cpu fan and just press enter

i think that is what you need to do

and what is an AMDGuy doing with a pentium board

litghost said:
in the bios under power>>hardware monitor go down to the listing for cpu fan and just press enter

i think that is what you need to do

and what is an AMDGuy doing with a pentium board

There's no option to disable the fan monitoring under "power>>hardware". It just says "NA" because no fan is connected.

I've been using AMD chips since the K6-233. I'm building this system for my parents and used a 1.8A Pentium 4 due to it's overclocking potential and price point.

Solution Found

I think I found a solution. You have to plug some type of 3 pin header fan into the CPU fan header on the mother board, so that it sees "something". Then you can hit enter on that option and select "ignore".

With nothing plugged into the fan header, you can't select any options at all.

Back