• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 bios that allows more then 1.7 volts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0burn

Ok my board is undervolting to 1.66 when I set it to 1.7 also the temperature sensor is way off.

I dont care too much about the temperature but the voltage is too low and I cant hit 2.7 like I want.

its a matter of the bios detecting the chip and displaying the apropriote voltages. there isnt anywhere to display any more from what i saw in the program. you will have to vid pin wrap it. theres a sticky at the top. its easyier than it sounds. just a loop around the first two pins will default the chip to 1.7 volts. meaning you will have choices higher and lower

See I only want to get 1.7 maybe 1.725 if I do the v-pin mod I'll be able to get 1.725???

Ive heard of snds happening when u do that mod???

its pretty stright forward. just use a one thin strand from a braided wire. yea i think with the 1.7 mod you get 1.85 at the top and everything inbettween. not on my machine to cheack right now

thanks hopefully someone can confirm this. Would the wire from say a fan work if I stripped it of course???

The best wire is from cheap speaker wire- you only need 1 strand. Phantom is right, it will increase the top end to 1.85. Check in bios, it will start at 1.7 v.

steve

I did the 2 pin mod using rear window defroster repair kit. I just pained a little bit on the socket and made sure it did not go over any of the other pin holes. When I did this, it opened up voltage choices in my bios up to 1.85v. This is on my IT7 board. What is nice about using the repair kit is you dont have to worry about breaking a pin off of the CPU, and it is easily removed with acetone.

Buzzdog

I saw naturals thread about that but his pics dont work anymore anyone else know where I can get a link about that way?

Im going water cooling soon in about a month wanna test this out before that.

It is really easy to do. Just paint on the defogger repair pain on the pins on the socket. You can refer to the pin wrap pictures.

Buzzdog

you put the pain on the socket covering the pins that you would rap on the cpu. make sure you cover the area between the pins you want to use. I just did the 2 pin. I put a good coat over the pin holes on the socket. Made sure there was none that covered any of the pin holes beside them. Then I used a thin wire to clear out the holes for the pins. Dropped the CPU in and viola. I could go up to 1.85 on the vcore. I am using an Antec Truepower 430 watt psu. I still get fluctuations and lower readings then what I have my vcore set up in the bios using MBM5. I am showing good 5v on the psu though. My 12v runs a little low from 11.80-11.90. I think the reason for this is I have 7 fans on the 12v in additition to 2 harddrives 1 cd burner and 1 cd rom. I should be able to reduce the number of fans when I go to water cooling. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Buzzdog

seems easy enough. So theres the two pins where I normally would wrap the wire around them, I put the wear defogger kit paint on those two wholes where the socket is? Then put a wire in those two sockets just to clean it out basically???

the socket I guess also needs the paint connecting those two holes?

Thanks for all your help.

Ya, that is the basic idea on it. I need to get my camera coing so I can post some picture of my socket. It is really an easy mod to do.

Buzzdog

Make sure you have some q-tips and some acetone (finger nail polish remover) handy to clean up the area. Good luck:)

Buzzdog

All I did was the 2 pin mod on the socket using defogger paint. When I go into bios, I now have the option of going up to 1.85 volt.

Buzzdog

Back