• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b533+more raid problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bushnibbler

Registered
hi all, just recieved the rest of my parts for my new comp,,,finished comp with p4b533-e,2xWD800jb drives, p4 2.4b cpu..... Well,,i plugged everything in and the system posted fine but "no disk array found" was displayed. I havent done anything to the new drives except set them up with one ide cable each and set both to master devices and plugged them into the raid ide channels. Mobo's jumpers are also set to run in raid. My question is ,,,will the mobo set up the raid for me or do i go in the bios and define it??? Right now it thinks i have no drives at all. I tried installing os too but it said i had no drives to install on as well. by the way,,,im dying to play hl on my new gf4ti4600.

Im not sure if this is correct,,,but pressing control and f2 brings me to this raid screen with 6 options. But,,flashing in a paragraph is "there are no disks located check cables or something to that effect" then when i press any of the options it exits. My bios settings for the ide's are all set to auto,,,should they read anything if im using the raid ports??

Back