• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New official bios BF for TH7II-RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arman68

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/th7-ii.htm

th7hbf.exe Support Intel P4 Celeron 2.0G CPU.
Support PMC Pm49FL004T 4Mb Flash ROM.
HPT 37x BIOS Version 2.0.1024. The RAID function is for TH7II-RAID only. This BIOS version is also for non RAID boards and HPT BIOS will be automatically disabled while RAID controller chip not detected.
BIOS compile Date: 9/13/2002.

Watch out if you are using a more recent HPT Bios (2.31 or 2.32). You will need to use cbrom first to update the HPT bios

do you know what the 4mb flash rom thing is? and other than that and celeron and support what is different, and if their distributing beta bios's w/ hpt 2.31 and 2.32 why and the hell would they release one with 2.1024

Justin2050 said:
do you know what the 4mb flash rom thing is? and other than that and celeron and support what is different, and if their distributing beta bios's w/ hpt 2.31 and 2.32 why and the hell would they release one with 2.1024

No idea what the flash rom would be useful for.

Their beta bios is just a standard 7c bios where they have replaced the HPT bios. Not much of a beta, all that is needed is CBROM ;) Maybe they are not happy yet with the latest HPT bios (2.32), unlike most of us :D I will grant them that 2.31 has some performance problems (probably due to the 2.31 drivers rather than the bios), and if they did not have time to test the 2.32 properly that would explain why they are staying at 2.1024.

FYI, Abit added the 0F27h CPU microcode to the BF bios. One thing I don't understand though is why they are keeping the 0F12h microcode to version 03 (23.05.2001) when the latest one they have released is version 28 (12.01.2002). Same for the 0F24h microcode which they are keeping at version 07 (26.10.2001) when their latest is version 0B (14.01.2002).

Other thing I double checked in the BIOS code: the maximum multiplier is still 24x. :(

So it isn't possible to use a C1 stepping CPU with that BIOS? Are there other differences or is it just good when you want to use a Celeron 2GHz?

Merkor

HELP . . TH7ii-Raid Bios Wanted,
Do not want to try it on my only
MotherBoard.

Does anyone have th7hbf bios with htp 2.32 inserted. aka. TH7H_BF
by cbrom and tested available for DOWNLOAD . ? :rolleyes:
If you can give me an example with crc checks along the
creation way then that will be as good.
FYI .. IMHO Do not use the 2.31 drivers with the 2.0.1024 bios
as all will appear fine in all OS(win95,98p,98se,Me,XpH,XPP)
untill Large Copies of about 2 gig cause Freezes.
Repeatable whenever i do a surface scan,
at unrepeatable(random) clusters.
MrCyberdude
Abit TH7ii-Raid
512MbPC800
4xMaxtor 60G in dual Raid 0
PiZZed off the Promise TX4 due to driver issues.
Running BootStar for the following on the 1st Array
win95,98p,98se,Me,98seGames,XPHGamesf32,XpH,XPP
all as Primary hiden partitions.

Justin2050

The bios addition for Support PMC Pm49FL004T 4Mb Flash ROM is just that this version will work with a newer bios chip. It has nothing to do with the operation of the motherboard.

Back