• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel mobo: D845GBVL will it work with my current hardware?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
on intel's website, it says that is has extreme graphics and i was just curious what sort of "extreme graphics" they are talking about here. i am guessing it's probably crap but i was curious as to what it was running (video memory wise). i am looking for a really stable board for my computer here at school because i am tired of my computer messing up and i need something i can count on because it always seems to go down on me right beofre i am about to do a project or something... the mobo i am look at in specific is this one:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=D845GBVL
if nothing else, can you confirm that everything in my present pc will work with this board? thanks a lot.

Last edited:
hmm... that LOOKS like it should be compatible with your hardware... a lot of the i845G boards only support 400/533mhz fsb. so if your cpu is a 133/166, then be very careful in your purchase.

Oh, and you're right... the intel 'Extreme Graphics' is junk. It may have potential, but nobody writes code for it. Imagine... intel making an integrated-GPU without direct-X compatibility... do I smell a bios upgrade soon?

hmm... that LOOKS like it should be compatible with your hardware... a lot of the i845G boards only support 400/533mhz fsb. so if your cpu is a 133/166, then be very careful in your purchase.

Huh? P4's only come with 100Mhz or 133Mhz quad pumped FSB speeds. Where's the 166 come from?

Just keep in mind you won't be able to overclock with an Intel board...

Back