• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 C1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am not sure if the C1 stepping works on the TH7II.

In theory all the ones below 2.8GHz should work as long as the multiplier is less than 25x.

All known bioses for the TH7II have a maximum multiplier of 24x.

Maybe it's time we asked Abit for more support.

erm!

I got a 2.533C Northy in my TH7iiRaid on the infamous 7d bios.

Will bench @ 155fsb, with cpu @ 2952.80Mhz.

Boots at 160 but unstable with Vcore @ 1.65v.
Not over volting till the lady has a few days to settle in.
Post beeped at 170fsb 1.65v (3230Mhz) but that was about it!
Air cooled!

Thx for the reply but with this post you didn`t prove anything,
because your P4 2,53 isn`t C1 stepping.
With this you haven`t even proved that the possibility that TH7II could run the procesor with multiplier bigger than 24 (which is limited 24 in the bios) :eh?: ( you have 19*133=2533)
So the new question is could I use procesors with bigger multipliers than 24 and voltage of 1.525 with current bios.

Hello,

this is my first reply and I came from Germany.
I used English at School and this is a long Time ago!

So its difficult for me to reply.
I had the Th7II and its a really good Board in my Abit Works a new P4 2,8 C1 very Stable at 3200 Mhz on Air at 1,5V.
The Board undervolts and in the Bios is 1,6V

So I think the new C1 Stepping will works.

With the Multiplikator over 24 I dont know,but the P4 B Cpu´s
are better overclock able and high FSB up to 180 is with my Board no Problem.I use RDRAM 800 Samsung 4,0Ns at 300.

WTF?

First off, I aint in here to Prove "Anything" m8, nor am I in here to talk bollox!

......so if my P4 2.533c, (which happens to have a 133fsb as its default FSB and Off the box, it says:
Version: C16847-001) aint actually a Rev C, then I am talking bollox or Intel Is screwing us all! :rolleyes:

Its a Philippine made CPU and it does 3050 at 1.65V Bios setting on a 160FSB with Mem at 3X on a TH7IIRAID with the latest bios from the Abit site Rev "Th7h_bf".
I was using the "Cold Boot" fixed "Th7h_7d" bios prior to this, and even that one supported this 2.533c CPU.

"Th7h_bf" ReadMe.txt Quote:
Official BIOS release BF for TH7II/TH7II-RAID v1.0

Release information:

[ENGLISH]

1. Support Intel P4 Celeron 2.0G CPU.
2. Support PMC Pm49FL004T 4Mb Flash ROM.
3. HPT 37x BIOS Version 2.0.1024. The RAID function is for TH7II-RAID only.
This BIOS version is also for non RAID boards and HPT BIOS will be
automatically disabled while RAID controller chip not detected.
4. BIOS compile Date: 9/13/2002.

Un-Quote:

The above Bios Quote gives nothing more over the Infamous "Th7h_7d"

As for your Multiplier settings, 24X is the max atm. Presuming you have a TH7IIRAID, why havent you had a look at what is available anyhow?
It even offers you some 100/133 Combinations at some of the lower CPU speeds

Simple sums here m8, take a look:
Fsb is now 133 on RevC P4's, so,...... 133 x 24 = 3192Mhz
Fastest chip Intel do atm is 2.8 so why do u need Bigger Multipliers in the Bios when No chip available atm needs it and the Multipliers are locked on the CPU anyway?

From what I have read on the Web, the "C" series of P4s are made from a new batch of Silicon, Dubbed Rev "C" cos its faster than Rev"B" and hence the faster clock speeds from the more "Pure" Silicon.

*EDIT* - if u want a Picure of my box label to proove it, ure gonna have to smb m8,..i dont have a digital camera yet or a scanner!

We are done & Gone! :burn::burn::burn:

Last edited:
Kim
No your 2.53 is not a C1 stepping! Check the s-code on processorfinder both the SL685 and SL682 are B0 steppings....
You need the 25x Multi for a 2.5/400FSB chip, which I have, or for testing any unlocked engineering samples....

Hello Kin Hell,
thx 4 d reply, but let me tell you something

1.Till now Intel released only 4 C1 procesors

Pentium 4 2.80GHz (2800/533MHz FSB) SL6K6 and SL6HL
Pentium 4 2.66GHz (2666/533MHz FSB) SL6EH and SL6DX
Pentium 4 2.60GHz (2600/400MHz FSB) SL6HB and SL6GU
Pentium 4 2.50GHz (2500/400MHz FSB) SL6GT and SL6EB

Soon Intel will bring out

1.8A SL6LA
2A SL6GQ
2.20 SL6GR
2.26 SL6DU
2.40 SL6GS
2.40B SL6DV
2.53 SL6DW
but now they aren`t on sale.

2. The stepping sign is found in the line PROD. CODE:
like PROD. CODE: BX80532PE2266DSL6ET
the last five signs are the stepping mark (SL6ET)

3. Bigger multipliers have P4 2.5 and P4 2.6 because they
are models with 400 MHz FSB (25*100=2500 i 26*100=2600)

I wanna buy P4 2.5 so I need a bigger multiplier

:D

4. You also said that you aren`t here to prove something, but you have already proven that your posts shouldn`t be taken seriously. But if you want to make us laugh write as often you like.:p :p :eek:

Kind regards,
Bibo :burn: :burn:

Its kinda embaressing when crap like this happens aint it! :confused:

It was on good authority that these New Phlly CPU's were in fact Rev C's. The last of the B's they had in stock were made in Malay but these Rev C's were infact not checked for OC-ability as they were currently on back orders and had none left to chek for themselves!
I will carry the burden of embarresment whilst wanting to protect my Suppliers Identity,...they have been very very good to me over the years!

Pls forgive me for being so naieve in assuming that C16947-001 Version Code I quoted earlier was indeed a C1 CPU. We all know that Presumption is the Mother of all F**k up's and this is the road I chose so blindly on this occasion!
Thanx for steering me towards a "Less Presumed" path. :eek:

Already standing corrected and feeling most humble, is it also BS that the the Rev C notation on these New Intel CPU's is because they now have a sweeter batch of Silicon which allows them to achieve the Higher Clock Speeds!?
My Prod Code on the box is BX80532PE2533DSL6D8

Also, add to this,..Rambus is now a true 32Bit Memory bus and I thought the New P4's were all moving up to 533 fsb and leaving 100 fsb's behind!

ffs,... I need a beer! :beer: no....make it 2! :beer: :beer:
You can all carry on laughing now, im gettin pie-eyed!

yeh respect, nicely taken!
There was a B0 optical shrink which your 2.53 may be, not sure, these supposedly ocd better than earlier B0 steppings...
Have to say I am running 32-bit Rambus on one board and it doesnt seem any faster than 16-bit for now!

I have seen this Philly 2.533 Post at 3230 on a 170fsb @ 1.65Vcore.
Putting an 80mm delta over the Samsung PC800 allowed it to see the Highpoint drives,..then....dead!
Im kinda hoping the Asus P4TRaid will let me get a bit more, tho I hear the P4TRaid is dodgey over a 150fsb.
Maybe the Recall of these boards accross Europe is to resolve this 150fsb issue. After all, we were eating 150fsb's for breakfast back in the SDRAM days!

Back