• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4s533 and a 1.6A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

obmar

ok so I have this Asus p4s533 and the intel 1.6a

can someone break down for me the very basic OC steps?

change my FSB to 133 and see if it works... then ?

I'm not that crazy about bosting it as high as it can go - just want it stable and thought I'd try to get a little bump.

i have 1 gig of pc2700 as well (samsung i believe)

this was cross posted on motherboard main by mistake

Yep!

Easy Peasy - 133 Mghz -

so I'm running pretty smooth too at that speed with a noticable jump in 3d marks as well.

I went from 9336 to 10993.

and then... I installed the new agp drivers I found on asus website and jumped to 11600+

sweet!

now i wonder if i outta OC my vid card

oh and what temp should i be looking out for on the chip/mobo?

I played ac2 pretty much constantly and remained stable - is there a temperature I should say "oh oh"?

saying uh oh

i've seen my machine hit the 50s while gaming heavily for some time. otherwise it's in the 30s. i'm comfortable with that. i'd freak out if i saw 60. and i feel mine only hits the 50s under heavy load for extended duration because the pc is inside a wood cavity in my desk that's designed to house a tower type pc. so it does get a little warm inside that cavity when i game - i like to call it "the oven". i don't trip too much about it though - my system doesn't crash at those temps and i don't game most of the time anyway.

i believe that intel's cpu throttling kicks in at 67 degrees celsius. once the cpu hits that temperature the cpu slows itself down to prevent damage to the cpu.

I try to keep it under 50c, I think that's what I've read in most of the posts around here and what works best for me. I kind of freak at anything over 56c. When overclocking "the cooler the better".

Back