• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 850E Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
I was looking @ the Iwill P4R533-N, ASUSTek P4T533/P4T533-C, and Gigabyte GA-8IHXP boards. Which in your opinion would be the better overclocker out the 4?

None of them!

Seriously, the 850E isn't much of an overclocker's chipset. Usually you'll be limited by your PC1066 RAMBUS, which may get up to about 1200, but not much farther than that.

The 8IHXP can get maybe 150 for typical overclocking, altho the BIOS goes up to 156. Don't know about the other 2 boards.

BaldHeadedDork said:
Dude, there are ninety-nine freaking pages in that thread. How about a clip from the highlight reel?

BHD
the main point is.....................by design, it sux!! asus made a bad design of the board, and it's main problem is voltage. you could see idle at say 1.65v.core, but once you load it up, it WILL drop to 1.57v.core!! and that's why it make itself sooooooooo unstable!! lots of people couldn't even run their processor at stock speed!! (i've rma'ed mine month ago.)

however(!!), when it runs, it ROCKS tho!! the fastest memory speed, and highest RDRAM board FSB i've seen is on the P4T533!! have you seen 4200+Sandra memory score? or 180+ up to 200MHz FSB from a RDRAM board? i've seen those ONLY from my friend's (JCviggen in here and [H]forum) mod'ed P4T533. people started to mod the board for the voltage regulation to get it more stable, and not as much drop/variation of voltage.

Back