• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IEXP supports DDR 2700 333mhz???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeJa

Hello everyone!!! I have a GA-8IEXP and currently using 2x 256mb DDR 2100 (total 512mb). As a gift i just got 1x 512mb DDR 2700 but dont know if my motherboard will support it? i'm planning (if supported) install the one chip (512mb ddr 2700) by it self or put it as my 3rd memory chip allowing the fsb to be downclock and use the full 1gig of ram.
I would really use any suggestions dont know what to do? havent installed the 512mb chip at all, mainly i would like to know if my board will support the ddr 2700 if not then i guess i'll have to do something with it

Thanks for your help!!!

You can plug the 2700 into your board with no problems at all, but at the stock BIOS setting it will only perform at the DDR266/PC2100 level. That is the default memory speed for all of the Intel i845E boards.

You'll get a slight performance boost from switching to a single DIMM. But the real payoff is through overclocking. Because the RAM is certified to work at DDR332/PC2700, your chances of successfully overclocking to those levels improves, too.

BHD

PS-So how do you like your new board?

I kinna like it havent really have the chance to get too much into it, to tell you the truth i've been an AMD user for YEARS and this is actually my first p4 system, i'm not too familiar with the procedure for o/c these cpus but as it goes you learn right? I havent try o/c my cpu yet since i'm still trying to read about what would be the best settings so that i can give them a try.
Here is my system specs so you can get an idea:

P4 2.40b 533mhz
2x 256mb DDR 2100 (1x 512mb DDR 2700 *still dont know what to do with it*)
Nvidia GForce4 ti4600

Thanks for sharing your knowledge ;)

I'll try to keep you posted :D

Back