• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX2, 2.66, Corsair 3200XMSC2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richklein

Hi all,

Well, I spent most of tonight doing some reading & I was wondeirng if this looked like a good combo. I have a watercooling setup & would put this into my current system. My main goal would be reaching 3ghz.

Anyway, any feedback would be great. This combo looks to be $815.00 from NewEgg with overnight shipping.

Thanks,
Rich

Oh yeah, probably a MSI GF4 4600 too. So, somewhere around $1050 or so would be my guess.

That set up looks nice. I am looking at the same parts and was curious if you have it up anbd running yet? I'd be very interested in seeing what type of overclocks you get. Keep us posted on your progress.

Actually I am also a former Asus only type of person & never tried Abit. There are a bunch of Asus forums out there but I cant seem to get any info on these Abit boards.

So, I have not done anything yet except price things out & ask questions but no answers yet.

Any ideas on a more active Abit forum?

well first you cna get it for about $790 from pricewatch man. also gonig for 3gig with that thing is an insult to its true O/Cing potential! 3.5 bud :D get an Alpha PAL and a Vantek Tornado with a variable speed switch/rheo and watch that thing fly!

You probably won't like it, just put it in a box, and ship it to me!

But seriously, sounds like a good rig. If the max-2 is as good as max, you'll have a good chance at 3G.

steve

Shaun,

Is 2.8 about all you can get or did you not push the thing yet?

Also I heard that another company was making the max2 for abit & that it wasnt a good thing. I just dont remember the specific details on that one.

Rich

I have pushed it but there sems to be a problem, most likely becasue of my stock cooling and old video card (video ram not keepin up with system ram). but as far as ecs maknig abit's boards. WHO CARES!?!? as long as htey maintain Abit's rep for quality which mine does! there is on prob with ECS makin the board as long as they keep up the dang good work with these boards.

Shaun,

Whats the rest of your setup like? I am starting to think about that BD7IIR board also.

Rich

a geforce3 and stock heatsink corsair XMS DDR400 CP3200 C2. SB Audigy plat 400W A1 PSU (mighht need a new one after i ahve lopped soo many wirtes in my existing one) also a 56k modem :( onboard 10/100 NIC segate 60GB 7200rpm hard drive, CDRW and DVD drives, 2 floppy drives and a zip drive. i have heared that 2.5s should hit 3 at 1.55 volts..maybe i'm over volting the cpu? but i dont want to o'c past 2.8 until i get better cooling and positive case pressure, I need to consult with spyder on a new side window job and a top window job soon as he's feelin well agian.

Back