• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying Monday>asusp4s8x 2.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

with a 533 fsb. OR a microstar P4 2.4 645E with Sis 645DX chipset with socket 478 interface.
Now, I can buy the procsessor and asus for 200 plus 120 for the motherboard. In an ad today for Frys, was the other for 249.00. I am not well enough informed to make the descision on what one to buy. Can I please have a few views.
I currently have a P4 1.8 Asus P4S333,
with a geforce 4600, 128mb card, running 1535 ram ddr, and a soundblaster live 5.1 card. on two hardrives, a 40 western digital 7200 rpm, and an IBM 100gig as a secondary. (side note, I am having some problems, I overran my cunrrent cpu at 2400 , and did not know I was overclocking it in the system bios,,, now the screen jerks and I have like a tape slow down look on an older Kodak home movie type look sometimes while playing games. Your views will be appreciated. :)

Welcome to the forum....

But you're in wrong forum... ;)
This one is for Asus AMD boards...
Move over to Intels forum..

/Norrko

Pardon my mistake please, but since We are here,

Am I going to do good by going this route of motherboard cpu, setup> I have heard a lot of AMD mentioned, but have no clue as to what the differences are. I am just looking for a fast, reliable game/work computer. WE have a web stie to maintain is all, with lots of photo stuff. Thank you

Unless readers here have experience of both AMD and Intel then there is no way anybody can possibly give you an accurate answer. You should ask a moderator to have your thread moved to the Intel section

I already was informed,

that I had posted on the wrong list. I am a new comer to this forom and this was my first post, as before, I am sorry to have misplaced my question, and thanks for the answer. But as I was asking about ASUS, I had thought that the motherboard company was responsible for the AMD's too, sorry
leathersmt:eek:

Back