• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BD7-RAID refuses to boot @ 133fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoongebob

I'm running a 1.6Wood, 256mb Micron PC2100. I even tried upping the core volts a slight bit, but the computer won't even post at 133fsb.

*Note, the computer will boot and run perfect up to 132fsb!

What cpu/mem ratio are you using? If you are using 3:4, then it's likely your mem can't handle speeds above ddr352. Try using 1:1 @ 133fsb which gives you ddr266.

What cpu/mem ratio are you using? If you are using 3:4, then it's likely your mem can't handle speeds above ddr352. Try using 1:1 @ 133fsb which gives you ddr266.

See, that's the wierd thing dude, my Memory ratio has been at 1:1 the whole time! I have no idea what's wrong here

Same problem here with my 2.0 northie ,,, just bought OCZ 3200
ram cause i thought that was the problem but to no avail .......

wont even try to post ?????????? yet rock solid @ 131 / 175 ,,,,and @ 131 / 131

getting ready to give up !!!

Thats wierd. I'm using the same board with a 1.8A and Samsung PC2700 Mem. I'm running it at 141fsb (highest will allow boot) and 33 fixed on 3:4 (2.53ghz). I just started messing around with the 1:1 and 3:4 settings. One thing to note is if you are running 3:4 you may need to set the cas settings to auto. Mine will run 2.6.3.3 (what it auto sets to) but its a hell of a lot faster than 2.5.2.2 at 1:1 (Even with 150fsb in mem scores). I'm just learning this board myself so I hope I'm helping here..lol.

Try this:
133fsb
33fixed
3:4
up CPU voltage to maybe 1.6v
DDR voltage I have set to 2.7v
go to mem settings and set them to auto.

I almost forgot...You might even need a bios upgrade. I have read reviews that said that this board will not boot over 120-133fsb therefore lowering their overall score for the board, and then they did revisions to the reviews after they upgraded the bios and then they upped the score for the board. Some even giving it their highest awards at the time. Maybe thats the problem..?

Look up some reviews on the board like I did, I'm sure you'll find them helpful, at least I did.

While I'm in here with the BD7 folks..lol.

Do you guys have trouble with your boards reporting CPU temps about 15c to high? I stay at 50c at boot overclocked and non overclocked, Running as high as 70c at full. Everything seems stable though. Have an Asus P3V4X that reads temps about 20c over too..lol. (Fix never came for that one)

I Got it too 133fsb man!

I took a lot of toying around. I looked at the Vcore reading in the bios and it was undervolting to 1.47 and 1.48

so I turned the setting to 1.55v and the vcore read 1.5v

after that I reverted my PC2100 ram to default timings ( 2.5 - 5 - 3)

and it worked!!

Stable too! But the one thing that's still bothering me is that if I touch one ram setting latency wise, it fails to post, which is wierd.

I was thinking of exchaning my BD7-Raid for an Asus P4B266-C, I hear they are great overclockers.

Back