• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.53 and 4G4A+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
Anyone running a 2.53 (or any 533 proc) on a 4G4A+ and how is it working? This past weekend I tried:

G8IEXP
P4S533
and
P4S 645DX Dragon Ultra

The the 8IEXP has absolutely no DDR multipliers, so it went back. The P4S533 was better, but couldn't up the Vmem and OC the FSB at the same time(?) so it went back.

The Soyo board was the best of the bunch, but it craps out @ 155FSB (at least at 1.625Vcore so far) and the AGP multiplier actually underclocks the AGP card with a 62MHz bus at that FSB? I have no idea what it's doing to the PCI, if anything (probably OC'd like mad or underclocked like the AGP).

I'd like to go a little further, but every H/W monitor on the board is flakey. My CPUs temps actually drop under load :D They've run anywhere from 19C to 48C aircooled (er, in a 27C room). Needless to say, I don't want to push it without knowing where the temp really is.

Anyway, I am still not 100% sold on the Dragon and am keeping my options open. I know my local store has the 4G4A+ on the shelf (like 800 of them :) and I know it has solid PCI/AGP locks, will run 160+FSB and has semi-decent DDR multipliers. How about memory voltage?

Any info is appreciated...

I'm currently running a 2.26 @ 2.91 GHz so the FSB is at 171 MHz. The core is set a 1.85V and the CPU reads 47C after running Prime95 overnight using my all-copper Thermaltake Volcano 7+. I'm using a 512MB stick of Samsung PC2700 @ 2.7V. I've also had a 2.5C1 running at 2.95 GHz in it. It's been a nice stable board for me with an excellent overclocker's BIOS.

Nice OCs! Thanks for the reply, but I already opted to go another route...ASUS P4PE.

Isn't 1.85Vcore a tad high for the Northwoods?? I was nervous running 1.70! How long have you been running that Vcore and those load temps? I take there's no sign of failure or you wouldn't still be doing it...

I've been running Northwoods at 1.85V since March. the 2.26 I just picked up a couple of weeks ago. The CPU temp of 47C under load is quite low. It sits at 35C at idle. Last year I was running an Athlon 1.4 at 2.05V and then an XP 1800+ at 1.95V with no problems either. But you must provide good cooling.

Back