• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S Dragon Ultra Weirdness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I just installed a P4S 645DX Dragon Ultra and OC'd a 2.53 fairly decent (well, better than the other 2 boards I tried). I am stopped at a 155FSB with a 1.625Vcore because the H/W readings are screwy.

I mean my CPU temp reading actually goes down under load! Temps in the BIOS never, ever move....always 44-46C at idle no matter what the Vcore is, same with the Soyo HW monitor software, load or idle. The voltages in the BIOS are right on the money however. Readings in SpeedFan and MBM aren't trustworthy. I've seen CPU temps as a low as 19C in a 27C room on air cooling?

I'd like to raise the Vcore some more and see if I can manage my way up to maybe a 160FSB, but I really have no idea what the temps really are. Is this a common problem on this board? Any BIOS fixes for it? I am running the 21aa or whatever the hell the "stock" one is. I ran the 22aa, but it didn't fix it and I went back to the original.

If you have a 533 proc on one of these, how high of an FSB have you been able to get without problems?

Thanks.

Back